I'm stuck on some of the upcoming projects, and with a four day drill this weekend, I'm not gonna get as much done as I wanted to. Oh well, it's not like I need to sleep...
I've found the basis for the eagle, as well as the two heads, I think. I'll use papier mache eggs as a mold, with wire armatures for the wings and necks.
I'm going to use a two-liter Coke bottle as the mold for Liam's lady, since it'll have that hourglass shape. I'll cut the back of the bottle out, so the back is smooth, but I think that'll work pretty well. She'll be in a black and gold cote and sideless surcote that will trail out to his mantle, I hope, so it's not like I've got nothing to do!
I've started laying out the letters of intent and think *maybe* I might be going a wee bit overboard. Nah. John's is actually pretty easy, the Greek aside, and Liam's will just take a while to lay out, more so than paint. John's will be a dome, with the Greek lettering in three columns under the dome, and Liam's is a take off from the Manesse Codex, with a knight and a rose tree that forms the border. We'll see how they turn out.